Why get vaccinated?
Before life can get totally back to normal, experts say that first we need to reach herd immunity - this is when enough members of our population are vaccinated to significantly slow the spread of the virus. As more individuals get vaccinated, fewer individuals remain vulnerable, and there is less possibility for passing the virus on from person to person.
Latest COVID-19 News
Our Durban vaccination site is closed until further notice due to protest action in the vicinity.
Important points to consider when visiting your chosen vaccination site:
- Our average waiting time is currently 90-120 minutes due to high vaccination demand.
- Individuals over 80 years of age will be prioritised.
- Individuals with a physical disability will be prioritised.
- Whilst every effort will be made to ensure your appointment is honoured, we may need to reschedule your appointment due to a dependency on the national vaccine supply.
Start your vaccination journey – Registration
- Complete our COVID-19 Vaccine Form
- When you are eligible, book your slot to get vaccinated at one of our vaccination sites
- Save your QR code SMS and booking confirmation email or SMS
When you are eligible to get vaccinated, register on EVDS. It is compulsory for all RSA citizens wanting the vaccine.
You journey is completed. Keep an eye out for your QR code and booking confirmation email and SMS. We’re waiting to welcome you and make sure you have a great experience at one of our vaccination sites.
Take note: If you are unable to get to one of our vaccine sites, complete our COVID-19 Vaccine Form and then register on EVDS for the NDoH to send you a booking SMS with your token number and vaccine site address that is closer to you.
Preparing for vaccination day
Going for the COVID-19 vaccination? Use the below to prepare yourself!